Web Design & Development
Branding • sales • business • seo
GuerrillaZen Fitness – Healthy, Clean, Fitness Branding
With a Focus On Digital Marketing, Tech, SEO, & Web Design for Fitness Company Case Study
Empire Life Team
Web Design & Development + SEO
Tech & Digital Marketing
GZF Increased Website Traffic By Over 2027% & Increased Leads By 250% In 6 Months
GZF is passionate about biomechanics, posture coaching, strength training, deadlifts, and nature. They are also passionate about holistic health.
GZF does whatever it takes for their clients to feel and perform at 100% capacity.
Through 10+ years of research and development, GZF products can now be found to be the leading fitness posture programs across 70 countries.
Clients continue to come to GZF because they promote online programs created 100% in the USA, and they offer the industry’s best practices, functionality, predictable quality and customer experience in sales and service.
- GZFs’ overall goal was to increase revenue through improved lead generation, SEO, and increase of technological infrastructure from their website.
- Empire Life giving complete social media guidance, product design & layout, technological development of online products, full service technical support.
- For Empire Life to streamline user experience, & analyze improvement of user design.
- When enrolled with Empire Life to scale their online empire, their initial goal was to generate an exorbitant revenue from online sales, being able to sale their brick & mortar gym.
- When they sold their gym, after 4 months of working with Empire Life, they were able to work from anywhere, increasing their quality of life, & freedom. Meeting the goal to sell their gym as soon as possible.
GZF faced several key challenges:
- GZFs’ current website was underperforming, non-SEO friendly, technologically outdated, and non-responsive. This meant Google searches were less apt to serve up the GZF’s website during search queries, and just as damaging, the site was difficult to access on smartphones, tablets and various other devices.
- GZF lacked a digital marketing strategy and had minimal digital marketing infrastructure and assets to build upon.
- GZFs’ competitors boasted a larger market footprint, name recognition, market resources & overall budget.
Despite such a rich company heritage, hallmarked by customer satisfaction, GZFs’ digital infrastructure challenges and well-established fitness competitor base meant they had quite a lot of opposition ahead of them.
Solutions & Strategies
Website Technology Tools & Adding In New Products
The very first step was to redesign, re-build, and update the technology tools of the GZF website in order to provide a more intuitive user experience. Strategically, this new design and functionality would more intuitively help users evaluate GZFs’ offerings and pinpoint answers to their exact questions and needs.
In doing so, users would be encouraged to contact GZF and become a lead, a client, or purchase an online program.
Additionally, the new website was built to search engine optimization (SEO) best practices, grounded in comprehensive keyword research and analysis.
Once Empire Life completed and launched the updated website, GZF experienced an initial traffic boost, indicating that step one efforts had been successful. GZF experienced a growth in sales of 200%.
One of the biggest additions we added were 12 new products, and setting up the technology infrastructure for the user to easily, & intuitively purchase them.
User Experience Research
GZF is consistently seeking their clients feedback & understanding exactly what they need & desire.
We redesigned & added in technological tools + a more robust infrastructure for the user experience.
GZF Experienced –
Leads increased by 4007% YOY in Year 1! Building & creating a meaningful impact online with their social media growing to almost 100k followers on Instagram!
While all of these strategies substantially increased the website’s traffic, Empire Life also deployed the following tactics to improve the website’s conversion rates:
- Gated Content – Creating new downloadable offers such as free templates, eBooks, and guides — gated behind forms.
- Pop Ups – These pop up offers were deployed across the site to help convert traffic that would have otherwise left the site.
- Resource Center – Empire Life created a state-of-the-art resource center hosting all of their amazing blog articles, to organize all of GZF expert downloadable content assets, and blog articles. This helps users quickly filter and find content assets they’re looking for.
GZF saw *drumroll please*:
Building & creating a meaningful impact online with their social media growing to almost 100k followers on Instagram! Adding in new online programs & increasing sales by 200%.
- Conversion Rate – 88%
- Return website users – 4001%
- Social Following increase – 5008%
GuerrillaZen Fitness signed on to a full service tech & digital marketing retainer with Empire Life to extend their reach, increase their traffic and leads via website SEO, podcast creation ideas & launch, have the full tech support, business + sales consulting, & advertising strategies.
The SEO Keyword & Competitor Analysis
Upon initial keyword research, Empire Life uncovered over 350 target keyword opportunities. The chances to capture people using search engines to answer their autoclave questions, be it fitness, service or otherwise. This was crucial, as competitors were outranking GZF for many of the highest valued keywords.
Using multiple keyword research and analysis tools, specifically Google Analytics & SEO, Empire Life was able to identify which high value keywords would drive the most traffic and which represented the most relevant and valued website visitors. Identifying those who could benefit GZFs’ primary offerings.
Target Audience Research Content Creation
Like many companies, GZF has distinct sales offers for their key target demographics. Each audience has different pain points, and each has unique motivations for purchase. To satisfy each audience, Empire Life crafted a content strategy that provided each audience with topics they would find helpful and engaging.
The Launching a New Website & Digital Marketing Plan
After meetings, calls and an in-depth discovery period, the Empire Life team came up with a plan that consisted of:
Content Management System (CMS)
GZF new website was custom built on WordPress.
- On WordPress – This allows their team to easily update content and create new pages when necessary.
- WooCommerce: For the eCommerce pages, WooCommerce was used to give GZF maximum flexibility and scalability. The WooCommerce shop integrates the technology needed to create a sophisticated product experience, like customizable product filtering for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities.
Empire Life planned out a conversion sales funnel with user-friendly navigation to encourage more users to convert to leads & potential clients.
Tracking & Reporting Capabilities
Empire Life believes that if something can’t be measured, it can’t be improved. Therefore, the GZF website was set up to easily report on traffic, site speed and other statistics with Google Analytics.
The improvements were instantaneously noticeable and the increase in website traffic and leads soon followed.
Continued Digital Marketing Plan
Starting a Digital Marketing Retainer Strategy
After their new products were added & implemented into the website redesign build out, we saw an 200% increase in sales. We custom designed to each client’s unique situation to maximize the potential for lead generation and sales.
Within the digital marketing plan, Empire Life deployed a barrage of tactics aimed at increasing website traffic such as:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Success here related to on creating 20+ net new pages on the site, all aimed to target specific keywords and topics.
- Email Lead Nurturing Strategy – Automated lead nurturing email campaigns launched.
- Paid Advertising – Complete guidance on what to say, do, and how to launch a powerful facebook ad.
Continuous Content Creation
While implementing a content strategy is crucial, what’s important is if it is repeatable and everyone is on board.
Together, Empire Life and GZF embarked on a comprehensive content strategy, which included blogging on a weekly basis, social media distribution, creating new videos, writing helpful eBooks, new product design & development, & running multiple, targeted email marketing campaign guidance.
Love what you see? Click on the images below to explore more recent Empire Life Case Studies.
Let’s Start Something new
Drop us a line!
We will love to hear from you and see how we can support you in increasing your meaningful impact online. Will love to chat with you on launching & scaling your companies online empire today!
Sign Up For Free Masterclass
Grab Your Free Masterclass on Gaining More Clients!