Web Design & Development
Branding • sales • business
a & L
A & L – Funky, Fresh, Fun Branding for Business Coaching
With a Focus On Branding, Digital Marketing, Sales, Website Design & Development Case Study
Empire Life Team
Web Design & Development
Back in 2017, A & L was dealing with problems that have become widespread in the coaching industry
Their website was underperforming, & they desired more robust designed & developed website for a better user experience.
One huge area they weren’t able to take advantage of any online lead generation opportunities & sales.
Creating a Unified Brand Architecture for a Full Service Coaching Business
Often, it’s the most prosperous businesses that lack strong brand strategy. When a company grows quickly, acquiring other brands and adding services, there isn’t always time to devote to brand architecture resulting in a disjointed house of brands that do not harness or build brand equity.
As a result, many thriving businesses find that they need to implement brand architecture on an existing portfolio of brands.
This was the challenge for A&L. A&L requires a funky, fresh, bright, friendly design. The company has many different services. They were wanting their main service to be personalized explosive and activation business coaching.
A & L came to Empire Life with three inbound marketing goals.
1) To engage new social networks without detracting from the value of their established Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook communities,
2) To provide followers in all social networks with positivity, and bring them to make an appointment with Tamara,
3) To extend their social media reach by providing meaningful content to attract potential clients and future sponsors.
After a foundational assessment, Empire Life found that A&L had a lot of the same digital marketing problems that many other coaching businesses do:
- No Lead Generation Strategy
- No eCommerce Store or Online Programs
- No Tracking or Reporting Capabilities
- No Sales Funnel
- Unclear Offering
- No Intuitive User experience
User Experience Research
Empire Life created a survey for A&L to have their potential clients take to fully understand the pain points in the market.
We redesigned the A&L brand from the ground up. Re designing their brand to completely resonate & portray their fun, funky, bright + fresh branding.
From 2016 to 2017, A&L Experienced –
Leads increased by 357% YOY in Year 1! Building & creating a meaningful impact online with their social media growing to almost 14k followers on Instagram!
While all of these strategies substantially increased the website’s traffic, Empire Life also deployed the following tactics to improve the website’s conversion rates:
- Gated Content – Creating new downloadable offers such as free templates, eBooks, and guides — gated behind forms.
- Pop Ups – These pop up offers were deployed across the site to help convert traffic that would have otherwise left the site.
- Resource Center – Empire Life created a state-of-the-art resource center hosting all of their amazing blog articles, to organize all of A&L expert downloadable content assets, and blog articles. This helps users quickly filter and find content assets they’re looking for.
From 2016 to 2017, A&L saw *drumroll please*:
Building & creating a meaningful impact online with their social media growing to almost 15k followers on Instagram!
- Conversion Rate – 80%
- Return website users – 2020%
- Social Following increase – 2230%
A&L signed on to a full service tech & digital marketing retainer with Empire Life for 6 months to extend their reach, (at that time we still worked with 6 month contracts, we currently only accept one year contracts) and increase their traffic and leads via website SEO, email marketing guidance, paid Facebook ads guidance + management, business + sales consulting, & advertising strategies.
Reach new and existing social media followers to convert them into clients and lead them to the new website:
- Instagram’s focus on visual storytelling was a perfect fit for the A & L on their social media.
- Setting A & L up with an in house Social Media Manager to curate content through Trello, Planoly, and personalized meetings.
- Creating and guidingA & L on a personalized Social Media Marketing Plan.
Tracking and Reporting tools
- Starting months in advance, Empire Life installed reporting and analysis tools on the A & L site and social channels. These included Google Analytics and HashTracking and more.
- Applying this rigorous analysis regimen to A & L was key to the overall social media strategy.
- The ultimate goal of all the social efforts are to drive coaching package sales, engaging in social media was only half of the story–we also needed visibility into how well it was working.
- HashTracking Software was utilized to monitor and track hashtags.
- Trello was utilized to communicate exact guidance, plan, needs, desires to our in house Social Media Manager.
- Quintly Software measured, monitored and tracked their profile on Instagram.
- The publicity portion of A & L outreach included media partnerships to make stellar videos for promotion of services.
- Empire Life guided A & L on photos, graphics and other media or information publications needed to complete their pieces, and inspired the creation of their podcast.
The Launching a New Website & Digital Marketing Plan
After meetings, calls and an in-depth discovery period, the Empire Life team came up with a plan that consisted of:
New Content Management System (CMS)
A&L’s new website was custom built on the WordPress platform.
- When Utilizing WordPress – This allows their team to easily update content and create new pages when necessary.
- WooCommerce: For the eCommerce pages, WooCommerce was used to give A&L maximum flexibility and scalability. The WooCommerce shop integrates the technology needed to create a sophisticated product experience, like customizable product filtering for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities.
Empire Life planned out a conversion sales funnel with user-friendly navigation to encourage more users to convert to leads & potential clients.
Tracking & Reporting Capabilities
Empire Life believes that if something can’t be measured, it can’t be improved. Therefore, the A&L website was set up to easily report on traffic, site speed and other statistics with Google Analytics.
After months of planning, design, content strategy & development, A&L website was officially ready to launch.
The improvements were instantaneously noticeable.
Continued Digital Marketing Plan
Starting a Digital Marketing Retainer Strategy
After their website build out, A&L opted to have Empire Life custom design each client’s unique situation to maximize the potential for lead generation and sales.
Within the digital marketing plan, Empire Life deployed a barrage of tactics aimed at increasing website traffic such as:
- Email Marketing – This included announcing promotions, new products, and upcoming events. A consistent email strategy keeps Power Couples top of mind.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Success here related to on creating 20+ net new pages on the site, all aimed to target specific keywords and topics.
- Email Lead Nurturing Strategy – Automated lead nurturing email campaigns launched via HubSpot’s marketing automation system.
- Paid Advertising – A combination of search advertising on Google combined with a marketing strategy across multiple advertising platforms. We specifically guided them in targeting their niche market with a Facebook.
Love what you see? Click on the images below to explore more recent Empire Life Case Studies.
Let’s Start Something new
Drop us a line!
We will love to hear from you and see how we can support you in increasing your meaningful impact online. Will love to chat with you on launching & scaling your companies online empire today!
Sign Up For Free Masterclass
Grab Your Free Masterclass on Gaining More Clients!